Working from home? We have curated a selection of online courses and resources available for free to teachers, academics, and education staff.
Please note: We cannot control or accept responsibility for the content of external third-party websites and services.
Chartered College of Teaching
The following links are to the Chartered Teaching College Compact Guides.
- Leading a School During Lockdown
- Assessment and Feedback in an Online Context
- Online Group Work / Collaboration
- Teaching Mixed Age Classes
- Using Online Quizes to Check and Build Understanding
- Supporting the Home Learning Environment
- Supporting Student Wellbeing
Science of Learning
Useful guides in the links below on retrieval practice, interleaving, spacing, metacognition, transfer and early childhood.
- David Didau – Three Animated Films About Learning
- Dr. Chan Kulatunga-Moruzi – Learning 2.0
- Bill Cerbin – Taking Learning Seriously
- Daniel Willingham – Cognitive Processes
- William Cerbin – Improving Student Learning from Lectures (PDF)
- Yana Weinstein – Teaching: The Science of Learning (PDF)
- Barak Rosenshine – Principles of Instruction (PDF)
- Megan Smith – How Can We Help Our Students Love Quizzing?
- Jennifer Gonzalez – Retrieval Practice
- Susan E. Gathercole – Understanding Working Memory (PDF)
- Alan Baddeley – Working Memory (PDF)
- ResearchEd – Lectures by leading members from the ResearchED community, recorded in Sweden from 2016 to 2019. (YouTube)
- Tom Sherrington – Kitchen Pedagogy and Rosenshine Masterclass (YouTube)
Tom Sherrington – Rosenshine Masterclass
- Introduction and Research (PDF)
- Sequencing Concepts and Modelling (PDF)
- Questioning (PDF)
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly Review (PDF)
- Stages of Practice (PDF)